Monday, January 30, 2012

A Very Magical Day

Today was excellent. Pure and simple. The hair came naturally and quickly and all of my princesses looked beautiful.  I even completed them all in a timely fashion! I felt confident and happy and I really loved being my character today and I guess it showed because I earned not one, but two Great Service Fanatic Cards!

Great Service Fanatic cards are given to cast members for doing an especially good job or modeling the service basics.  It's a really great honor to be recognized just for doing your job well and it helps motivate the cast to be committed to their character and great service.

I had finished with a princess (and her Fairytale bun looked excellent) and walked her to the front for her parents to cash out.  "Princess, will you sign my autograph book?" I crouched down with the journal we use for our princesses to sign and talked to my princess about the rest of her day and how beautiful she looked and then sent her on her way.  This is my typical post-makeover ritual but today one of my leaders stopped me backstage and told me she really loved how I'd come down to my princess's level and made her feel special.  She gave me a GSF card and told me to keep up the good work.

Well! How about that! 

I continued on with my day and my hair continued to be truly awesome. I even finished the dreaded Pop style in a reasonable amount of time.   Later, I went Pixie Dusting around the front of the store and I met a family with two little princesses and two little princes.  I pixie dusted them all and explained that it would turn them in to beautiful princesses and handsome princes and started talking to them about their trip. We discussed the rides they had ridden and the snacks they had eaten and as many magical things as I could think of when mommy said to one of the princesses, "Did you tell her about your prince?"

"You have a prince?"

"No, I just know what he's going to be like."

I plopped dramatically to the floor and fluffed my skirt around me. "Let's talk about him." They all gathered around me and she explained how her prince would be very tall and dark haired with blue eyes.  I said "He sounds very handsome!" Then she added that he would be a doctor and they would have six or seven kids, she hadn't decided how many yet.  "Well he sounds like a wonderful prince! I hope you find him soon. When you do will you give him a big kiss for me?" She blushed and nodded and her brothers made matching  "ew..." faces.  We talked a little more about Fairy Godmother training and I explained that I couldn't fly yet since I hadn't earned my wings so I had to take the coach to work.  This seemed to satisfy them and they said their goodbyes, hugged me tightly, had me sign their autograph books and were on their way.

"Goodbye! Have a magical day!"

"Morgan? Can I talk to you?"

I turned to see a well dressed man with a cast name tag.  "That was awesome!" I smiled and thanked him curtsying out of habit and immediately feeling slightly silly.  "I'm sorry but I'm going to be using you as an example in our basics training class and I'm using your name." I laughed and told him that was more than fine.  He complimented how well I stayed in character and how I made a special memory for my little princes and princesses.  I told him how much I loved my job and that my favorite thing is to make my little guests happy.  He headed off and I turned to my next princess.

Several minutes later as I was persuading a little princess to let me see her Rapunzel doll when I noticed the well dressed man and my leader from this morning had returned. "Hello! Were you just jonesing for some pixie dust?"  The well dressed man explained that he had told my leader about me and she told him about my earlier GSF card.  They agreed that I was totally on fire today.  I got my second GSF card and had the biggest grin ever.

My goal for my college program was to earn one GSF card and I'd already gotten two! But that wasn't why I was grinning.  I was smiling even bigger than usual because I really did give my guests a magical experience and it made me proud.

I make magic for a living and I am proud of what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment