Saturday, January 14, 2012

"Can we stop at Biscuit World?!"

As a general rule I don't stay in hotels with room doors on the outside. This is not a snobbish thing but, statistically, more episodes of Law and Order: SVU take place at Motel 6 than at the Hilton. That being said, this place on the outskirts of Savannah (home of one of America's more terrifyingly large bridges) is pretty nice. There were cookies in the lobby and I'm only slightly concerned someone in going to break in to my car and steal all of my very best stuff.

Certainly less concerned than I was about the blizzard that greeted me this morning.

Dad and I's trip was altogether a fun adventure. Had we not the backs of two octogenarians it would have been entirely a breeze. We battled fierce blizzards and resisted the very real temptation to investigate roadside wonders "Biscuit World" (is it a world made of biscuits or simply a world in which biscuits can finally frolic and play without the constant threat of consumption? We'll never know. Our road warrior spirit prevented investigation,) and a bright yellow building simply labeled "Fireworks" that featured two large, realistic elephant statues starring down passers-by in a manner that insisted entering the establishment offended them on a deep, personal level.

We leave for Orlando tomorrow morning after our complimentary breakfast, a meal that reenforces my point that this place is totally not Law and Order material.

I better check my car one more time.

Just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment