Friday, January 13, 2012

Once Upon a Time

"Whatever you do, don't open the trunk." This ominous advice came from my sister as she slammed the ice covered trunk closed. "If those bags open... Poof!" She gestured an impression of clothes leaping from the trunk like confetti from a prank peanut can. Space bags are what results from practical storage solutions mixing with a bit of magic but they tend to encourage over packing. Fitting all my things into the trunk of my tiny Volkswagen is just the beginning of the magic in store for me, though. I am a Fairy Godmother... in training... to be. Tomorrow I move to the Sunshine State to begin my dream job, the most important job in the world, making princesses. I will be entrusted with the power of Pixie Dust (not something to be taken lightly despite assumptions to the contrary)and with it I get to make little girls see the Princess Potential inside. Every girl is a princess, after all. It just takes a Fairy Godmother, and a bit of magic, to help them dress the part.

No comments:

Post a Comment