Saturday, February 25, 2012

They call me "The Princess Whisperer"

Sometimes princesses are less than thrilled with the idea of having a makeover. Sometimes I suspect it wasn't their idea in the first place and other times I chalk it up to nerves and that panicky sensation everyone gets when confronted with a crowd that's all looking at you. Either way, occasionally we encounter a princess who says "no way" and it is on these occasions where I step in. They call me "the princess whisperer."

The trick is being entirely honest with the princess and being gentle. Not physically gentle, although that helps, but you have to keep your voice and body language gentle. I am particularly determined to convince princesses because I was the sort of princess who would have wimped out and I know how much one instantly regrets that. I barely ever sat on Santa's lap and, standing a safe distance away, I would watch the other kids and try to convince myself I could be brave enough. In hindsight, the less time I spent on strange men's laps the better but still, I get it.

To date I have a 100% success rate and I have convinced 7 princesses not to miss out on something that ends up being a really good time. All 7 have been deliriously happy with the results. So have I.

Using "deliriously happy" as a segway... As I was watching the Electrical Parade the Fairy Godmother passed on the back of Cinderella's float and I waved excitedly at my role model. She waved back, pointed right at me, and made a heart shape with her hands. I squealed so loud a little girl in front of me gave me the "calm down" face. Whatever. I am so earning my wings on the accelerated path.

No comments:

Post a Comment